Friday, August 27, 2010

What's Going On?

This photo posting has no other purpose but to make you smile . . .

We found the first stink bug in the house yesterday of the "fall" season -- surely autumn is afoot. School has started, there are yellow leaves across the ridge, and it was a mere 59 degrees this morning. But it's still dry and the afternoons get very warm. Summer hasn't gone far yet.

So, we have one more weekend before Labor Day weekend - that perennial end of summer. I'm spending a few moments thinking about how best to spend this last bastion of summertime. Of course, yard-sale-ing comes to mind. But I found out very quickly last weekend that an almost 7-year-old and 4 and a half-year-old are not kind shoppers at yard sales . . . only if I can go alone will that happen again. There's the Washington County Rural Heritage Museum's Spud Fest (at the Ag Center) at 11 a.m. I could see the girls getting into digging up some potatoes! And homemade chips sound yummy! A definite possibility. The Lucketts Fair in a nearby part of Virginia is also a real possibility. We've been before -- lots of vendors, great bluegrass, and good food. But if it's too hot, the yee ones will holler . . . we'll see how the thermometer bodes. If we don't make it tomorrow, there's always Sunday too. The last days of the Jefferson County Fair are this weekend; we've never been, so I'm not sure what we'd be missing not to go . . . I love a good fair, but nothing lives up to the fair I grew up knowing. I can taste those Hoffman milkshakes now . . . There's no way in heck that we'll be going out east to the Maryland State Fair -- I've only been once -- it is big and awesome, but it is way too far away for these tykes this weekend. Williamsport Days are this weekend -- definitely a possibility for some good yard-sale-ing -- just the thought of all those former students . . .
I would love to see Poor Ellen Smith at Beans in the Belfry tomorrow night, but that will never happen because instead we are going to have a very fine meal at the Potomac Valley Fire Department's Steak Feed!

I don't know why anyone would have read this far, but if you have, I really appreciate it! :)

1 comment:

Lee said...

Sarah is certainly beautiful. I like your blog and I will follow. My blog is a mess, not understanding what to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...