Monday, January 2, 2012

9th Day of Christmas

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -- a morning to myself!  He and the kids are off to my sister's house, and I'm here alone left to be sure that we are ready to face the world again tomorrow.  Yes, Winter Break officially ends today.  So, on this day of cleaning, organizing, preparing, and planning, I will reflect a bit on how I can aspire to what are called the nine "Fruits of the Holy Spirit," from Paul's letter to the Galatians:  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. ~ 5:22-23


I could certainly use a lot more of each of these, especially as I face 2012.  Couldn't we all?

Here's the view off our deck this morning ~ beauty in a twisted, tangled mess of Mother Nature ~



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...