Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Got Born There, Mama

After the construction and grand opening of Meritus Medical Center off Robinwood, the demolition of the old Washington County Hospital has picked up speed and a few complaints.

Both of our girls were born at the old hospital.  It has been bittersweet to drive past recently and see the utter destruction of twisting metal, dust, and busted block.  SG said it best: "I'm kind of sad about that.  I got born there, Mama."

George can attest to the fact that the basement cafe used to make great BLT's and chocolate milkshakes.  That's all he ate when we stayed there.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Their milkshakes did ROCK. After Evan was born and I hadn't eaten since 7am the nurses got my meal (anything I wanted!!) from the cafe. It was the best grilled chicken sandwich and milkshake I've ever had!! Funny u should blog about this ... I was just thinking had sad it looks when I passed it Friday morning.

Dad said...

Hi Beth
Interesting photos. Hope all is well with you and the girls.

Mannie Gentile said...

I spent a very dreadful week there just over a year ago.

My wife said that the dust cloud from the demolition was mostly made up of MRSA.

Here's a little cartoon of my stay.

http://manniesartimitateslife.blogspot.com/2010/10/tales-of-unexpected.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...